Do you enjoy finding unique security issues? Do you enjoy protecting customers at scale? On the AWS Penetration Testing team, you will be responsible for the delivery of continuous assessments. You will be asked to solve complex technology problems, build tools to automate your way out of manual efforts, and influence the way Amazon services respond to and mitigate threats.
Our team is responsible for the manual assessment of all products, services and software released by AWS. We specialize in digging deep to find security issues that static analysis tools can’t, and write the tooling to help with these goals whenever possible. The AWS surface area is large and diverse, and we use results found in manual analysis to help improve our enterprise-wide automation to proactively spot and fix potential security issues to protect customers.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to help ensure our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for application, and hardware penetration testing. You will be responsible for automating repetitive tasks using various scripting languages. You will be responsible for influencing Amazon services through the creation of threat mitigation plans. You will work directly with internal teams to solve challenging software problems.
- Manually audit the source code of web services and software authored in house by Amazon
- Write proof of concept code to demonstrate the severity of a potential security issue
- Provide clear communication on issues to developers that suggest and help to test the fix
- Partner with AWS developers to drive improvement in application security as a result of security review engagements
- Provide actionable long term risk mitigation guidance
- Conduct independent vulnerability research pertaining to AWS relevant technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Customer Security, or equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in security testing (Penetration testing, Vulnerability testing, Red teaming, bug hunting or CTF experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience scripting in Python or other equivalent interpreted languages.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with security engineering practices such as in web application security, network security, authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography, automation and other software security disciplines.
- Experience with AWS technologies and services (e.g. S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with bug hunting, bug bounties, capture the flag, software development
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.