Amazon Pharmacy is a fast-growing part of Amazon. We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. The economics group at is new, and there are great opportunities for high-impact projects touching many areas of the business. And as an economist at Amazon, you’ll be part of a vibrant community working on challenging applied problems in pricing, casual inference and market design (among others).
We are looking for a pragmatic and driven economist with modeling skills, to drive change in how we do business. We are open to remote work.
- Problem identifier and solver: is able to identify flaws in our current economic thinking, size them, prioritize them, and find solutions.
- Doer: can deliver end-to-end processes, making high-value judgements about the need for speed versus scientific rigor and state-of-the-art thinking.
- Collaborative: happy to work across disciplines with our business and finance teams, and able to collaborate and divide responsibilities in projects so as to leverage the different strengths of the team
- Own and Simplify: able to take ownership of complex problems, strip them down to their core essentials, and deliver solutions that can be easily communicated and whose impact can be measured.
- PhD in Economics or closely related field
- Experience with a technical subfield of economics (industrial organization, structural modeling, causal inference, econometrics, theory)
- Background in empirical industrial organization or healthcare
- Strong communication skills, and experience driving change on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with machine learning techniques and programs
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $136,000 - 184,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.