Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Infrastructure Energy Team. In this role, you will negotiate and execute power purchase agreements for renewable energy and power supply contracts across EMEA, as well as deliver innovative energy projects, creating a diverse, cost effective energy portfolio for the EMEA region.
You will need to be able to identify key market conditions, regulations, and market structures to help evaluate and deliver on savings opportunities. You will have a results orientated approach, strong analytical skill set, financial acumen and proven ability to manage multiple projects in tandem.
- Execute electrical supply contracts that reduce cost, minimize risk and leverage opportunities that benefit Amazon
- Support the delivery and execution of a comprehensive energy strategy for AWS EMEA data centers
- Work collaboratively with Amazon Infrastructure team to support the development of strategic energy sourcing opportunities
- Analyze trends and regulations in the energy space to proactively identify opportunities that benefit Amazon
- Review energy markets to identify cost savings opportunities for new and existing data center sites
- Manage energy projects against plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met, delivering against cost savings goals
- Be a passionate self-starter
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) required-Engineering/Economics/Energy/Finance
- 10+ years of experience working in utility/energy industry
- Strong analytical skill set to support review of electricity procurement strategies, utility tariffs, energy projects and power contracts
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills
- Experience in deal origination and price negotiation
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
Preferred Qualifications - Prior transaction experience in EMEA power and gas markets.
- Prior experience in energy trading or power generation in EMEA energy markets
- Prior experience working with market operators and regulators globally.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.