Career Choice is Amazon's education benefit available to nearly 1M Amazon Associates in 14 countries. We're in the midst of unprecedented growth as we expand to support more eligible Associates with more educational offerings. We are adding foundational GED and language programs, as well as Associates and Bachelor's degree support, on top of the upskilling programs we already offer.
As a Salesforce Developer at Amazon, you will...
- design, build and maintain our CRM cloud-based solutions and cross system integrations.
- end-to-end designing, developing, testing, deploying and troubleshooting solutions.
Key job responsibilities
- Ownership of key technical aspects of the Salesforce platform, including custom development
- Perform technical analysis, design, development, implementation of Salesforce applications with necessary customization.
- Develop Apex/Visualforce code, web portals, sites, pages, microsites and web application integrations.
- Troubleshoot, support and fix defects for planned releases and production issues
A day in the life
- collaborate with the team to refine and clarify business stories
- work with the team to plan out long and short term releases and milestones
- design and develop technical solutions to meet the business needs
- help drive areas of improvement for the product, team and individually
About the team
This team is remote and will meet 1-2 times per year for team building opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to work on a highly collaborative cross functional team of fellow engineers, technical program managers and product managers to build and deliver world-class products and services for Amazon’s hourly associates and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field
- 3+ years of Salesforce development experience using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch apex and Salesforce APIs
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce point and click configuration using workflows, validation rules, sales process setup, roles & profiles, reports and dashboards
- In-depth understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce application coupled with good understanding of business processes
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using SOAP, REST and Streaming APIs
- Demonstrative success with at least two large Salesforce custom-built applications
- Experience in building complex, scalable, and high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 5+ years of Salesforce development experience using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch apex and Salesforce APIs at a large organization
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce point and click configuration using workflows, validation rules, sales process setup, roles & profiles, reports and dashboards at a large organization
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or equivalent experience
- Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing business requirement documents
- Familiarity with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature, SSL, web service proxies, firewall, SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0).
- Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Exposure to Service-oriented , Microservices and Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Demonstrated success in implementing at least two full life cycle SFDC implementation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $115,800 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $115,800 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.