The Large Scale Events (LSE) team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join a growing international effort dedicated to protecting drivers and associates from large scale hazardous events. We are a cross-functional effort that provides continuous large scale event monitoring and business alignment for all Last Mile drivers and associates. We create or build upon existing procedures to anticipate areas of risk, institute preventative measures, and execute timely interventions to protect all of our drivers and Last Mile associates from harm during large scale events (e.g. extreme weather or geological events, civil unrest, terrorism, infrastructure failure, wild fires). This position will serve as a regional representative, based in the US, that will create and tailor existing programs to fit our program's expansion throughout the Asia Pacific (APAC) Region.
Key job responsibilities
- Launch the LSE program in APAC and hold responsibility for end to end program launch, expansion, and success based on an existing LSE program framework.
- Develop and lead the business strategy in a new geographic region in close collaboration with leadership and Last Mile stakeholders to achieve shared safety goals.
- Initiate and manage programs for regional monitoring and response to large-scale events and safety risks to Last Mile sites and drivers.
- Be a self-starter that embraces difficult and ambiguous problems, using Bias for Action and Ownership to keep transporters safe.
- Establish key geographic specific metrics to provide data driven insights and create data-informed initiatives that will improve Last Mile safety programs in APAC region.
- Have a strong executive presence and comfort presenting to senior leadership
- Be a part of an on-call rotation to respond to severe and hazardous global events impacting Last Mile.
A day in the life
No two days are the same on the Large Scale Events team. Some examples of daily work:
- Establish key inputs for the launch of the LSE program in APAC
- Develop policy and strategy execution – working with stakeholders in legal, communications, monitoring teams, operations and more across the enterprise
- Build internal and external relationships, partner with and align stakeholders to program initiatives and process improvements.
- Research and document risks to delivery operations specific to APAC
- Anticipate seasonal events and plan for real-time events to mitigate risk and leverage current LSE processes to prepare stakeholders across the enterprise
- Act as the standard-bearer and subject matter expert for transporter/courier safety by directing actions though central operations teams
- Embraces ambiguity
About the team
We are a very close-knit team that works together on a daily basis. We are all familiar with each other's roles and responsibilities and often share workloads to even the burden during periods of heightened activity. We share a passion for protecting our drivers and we put safety concerns above all else.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelors' degree in related field
- Knowledge and/or work experience in global program expansion
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, as well as leadership of cross-functional teams across geographies and business units.
- Demonstrated experience in solving ambiguous, strategic problems using data and providing practical business insights.
- Outstanding communications skills, oral and written.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Business Development, Operational Analysis, Strategy and Policy, or related field.
- 5+ years in Safety or Safety Programs
- Familiarity in APAC (Singapore, Japan, India, Australia) region a plus.
- Self-starter comfortable launching new initiatives.
- Strong analytical and data analytics skills.
- Track record of driving process improvements and program optimizations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.