The Research team at Amazon works passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems. Do you have a strong machine learning background and want to help build new speech and language technology? Do you welcome the challenge to apply optimization theory into practice through experimentation and invention? Would you love to help us develop the algorithms and models that power computer vision services at Amazon, such as Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Go, Visual Search, etc? At Amazon we hire research science interns to work in a number of domains including Operations Research, Optimization, Speech Technologies, Computer Vision, Robotics, and more!
As an intern, you will be challenged to apply theory into practice through experimentation and invention, develop new algorithms using mathematical programming techniques for complex problems, implement prototypes and work with massive datasets. Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and the expectation is that analytics are timely, accurate, innovative and actionable.
Amazon Science gives insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Amazon Scientist use our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
For more information on the Amazon Science community please visit https://www.amazon.science.
• Enrolled in a Master's degree or equivalent in computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
• Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
• Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
• Experience with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language.
• Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
• Advanced ability to extract complex data sets, cleaning and analysis
• Experience in developing and implementing algorithms, tailored to particular business needs and tested on large data sets
• Publication(s) at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
Amazon has positions available for Research Internships in multiple locations across Canada.
Amazon s’engage à créer un milieu de travail diversifié et inclusif. Amazon est un employeur qui offre à tous les mêmes opportunités et ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, l’origine nationale, le sexe, l’identité sexuelle, l’orientation sexuelle, le statut d’ancien combattant protégé, le handicap, l’âge ou autres statuts protégés par la loi. Les personnes handicapées qui souhaitent présenter une demande d’accommodement, sont invitées à aviser leur recruteur.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, notify your Recruiter.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.