Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the Advertisement Security team in Edinburgh. This team builds scalable solutions that monitor the technical security across Amazon’s advertisement portfolio. Our work is characterized by high scale, complexity and a constant need for innovation. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers. You will work as a full time Software Development Engineer at our Development Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization, object-oriented development and design patterns.data structures, algorithms, and strong problem solving skills.
- You actively lead code reviews, design reviews, automated testing, whiteboard discussions, back-of-the-napkin designs at lunch, and random chats in the hallway about awesome ideas.
- Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
- Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
- Data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
- Machine learning and other statistical analysis.
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).