Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Location: San Diego, CA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Work directly with a team of economists, and senior management on key business problems faced by amazon worldwide consumer teams.
2. Build econometric models using company data.
3. Apply economic or econometric theory to solve business problems.
4. Develop new techniques to address quantitative problems and contribute to the design of automated solutions.
5. Apply tools from applied micro-econometrics (e.g. experimental design, difference-in-difference, regression discontinuity, and iv) or forecasting (essential time series models).
6. Build econometric and machine learning models to answer challenging, impactful questions.
7. Partner with other economists in WW consumer, CTPS (customer trust and partner support) to develop scalable solutions to economics problems.
8. Dig deep into problems facing customer and partner experience to improve decisions science for large scale issue.
9. Write up and present analyses for distribution to various levels of management at amazon.
Ph.d. in Economics, Quantitative, Finance, or closely related field. Any amount of experience in:
1. Experience in industry, consulting, government, or advanced graduate research.
2. Communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
3. Research or work experience in applied microeconomics.
4. Background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, or big data.
5. Familiar with Matlab, R, Python, or Stata.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.