As a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM III), on the Amazon Threat Intelligence team, you will be a critical part of an organization focused on influencing the security culture within Amazon. The Amazon Threat Intelligence team is responsible for understanding threat actors and how their techniques are being used against Amazon’s businesses. You will support and enhance the daily operations of our program by identifying, planning, and executing strategic improvement projects spanning multiple teams. You will apply your knowledge of project management and the threat intelligence lifecycle to deliver automation efforts that scale intelligence for Amazon, coordinate intelligence sharing across teams, and implement improvements and efficiencies across the organization. You will identify future opportunities for improvement through implementing and analyzing quantitative metrics around program functions. You will coordinate with other TPMs, Industry Specialists, and Security Engineers to deliver frameworks and mechanisms, which provide actionable intelligence to other security engineering teams. You will help the team develop repeatable processes that improve program capabilities and project execution. You will be a crucial element for both our threat intelligence team and for larger intelligence priorities across Amazon ensuring the continued safety and security of our customers.
Key job responsibilities
* End-to-end ownership of projects and program functions. Define strategy, vision, deliverables needed, action items, and partnership with stakeholders while helping the team successfully deliver on strategic initiatives.
* Working with threat intelligence customers to identify requirements to better prevent, detect, and respond to actionable intelligence at scale.
* Working closely with partner teams to scope interactions, plan and align long-term strategy, execute strategic projects, and manage the integration process of project deliverables.
* Working on behalf of the threat intelligence team to get stakeholder buy-in, funding, and resourcing for new/proposed projects.
* Driving technical integration efforts, working with service teams to develop standardized, and repeatable processes, and tracking outcomes.
* Manage the complete lifecycle of our Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP), by defining our integration roadmap with internal and externally used products, tracking new and backlogged feature requests, and track user feedback for iterative improvement.
* Providing regular and ad-hoc status updates to the teams, senior leaders, and senior executives on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, Electrical and Computer Engineering or relevant/equivalent experience working in Information Security
- 3-5 years working within Information Security supporting/performing incident response, Red Teaming, threat hunting, threat intelligence, forensics, or similarly related experience.
- 2-4 years of experience developing and producing threat analysis products (technical and/or non-technical) for customers
- 1-2 years scripting/programming experience, e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, and/or PowerShell
- 1 year experience with SQL or other query languages, e.g., SQL, SparkQL, GraphQL
- Knowledge of current security trends, threats and mitigations.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to write/present with impact
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a matrixed/multi-faceted organization
- Demonstrated sense of ownership, urgency, and accountability
- Familiarity with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, Ghidra, Windbg or Ollydbg
- Reverse engineer and document malware on various platforms
- Be available to respond to malware analysis requests for security incidents
* Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
* 7+ years of experience in technical leadership roles requiring excellent communication (written and verbal); technical program management, systems architecture, and/or system development. Experience developing written security products, threat intelligence deliverables, etc.
* Familiarity with the AWS cloud services supporting enterprise environments.
* Experience developing and producing threat analysis products (technical and/or non-technical)
* Security or cloud related certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA, SANS, AWS Security, etc.)
* Professional experience supporting threat intelligence teams.
* Familiarity with nation state, criminal, and financially motivated actor groups.
* Understanding of industry standard threat frameworks (Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK).
* Experience using Threat Intelligence Platforms, building integrations with these platforms, and supporting customers in their use of these platforms.
* Experience with visualization products, such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, or AWS Quicksight.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.