The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities in mobile and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Key job responsibilities
- Participate in design & planning of new features or improvements to existing features
- Utilize modern Android patterns.
- Code defensively against a large variety of operating systems and devices.
- Build simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Engage with the Android community across Amazon to share learnings and grow.
A day in the life
As a member of our mobile applications team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of customer-obsessed Blink product features. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume mobile apps that customers love. You will implement custom native apps using the latest mobile application standards. As an engineer on the Blink team, you will be directly involved in the design and implementation of customer-facing features from conception to delivery.
About the team
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products completely in house using a fast paced and efficient process. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 3+ years of industry experience with Android, Kotlin, and Java
- 3+ years professional experience in software development building consumer-facing mobile applications
- 3+ years of experience with SDK and writing multi-threaded applications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have designed and developed companion apps for consumer electronics devices
- Experience in multimedia streaming protocols; understanding of video and audio codecs
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700 - $194,400/yr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $158,100 - $213,800; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.