Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
The Advertising Forecasting Science team comprises top scientists and engineers based in Palo Alto, California. The team builds forecasting models for advertising campaigns and financial planning, with revenue exceeding tens of billions of dollars. The forecasting science team makes auction prediction and handles bid optimization for billions of daily requests using innovative machine learning algorithms to optimize performance, which generates billions of annual revenue!
As an Applied Scientist on this team, you will:
- Develop scalable and effective machine Learning models with automated training, validation, monitoring and reporting.
- Work with talented scientists and engineers to solve problems in the domains of forecasting, auction theory, bid optimization, and user clustering.
- Conduct deep data analyses on massive ad user and contextual data sets.
- Invent ways to overcome technical limitations and enable new forms of analyses to drive key technical and business decisions.
- Stay familiar with the field and apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to our domain problems, around forecasting, bidding, allocation, and optimization.
- Produce peer-reviewed scientific paper in top journals and conferences.
- Present results, reports, and data insights to both technical and business leadership.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
- PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
- 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
- Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience working with large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
- Experience in computational advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.