The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements. We coordinate the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation and flagging hazardous risks. We are also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from the site and from our warehouses, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information.
The team that you will lead is responsible to ensure that the imported products have been tested in certified laboratories and that they comply with the legal requirements of the importing country, to take appropriate actions in order to protect customers from recalled or unsafe products and also, to classify products based on their potential hazardous risk, for regulatory storage and transportation purposes.
- Taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others;
- Outlining procedures and instructions on work received;
- Making time estimations on new jobs received, check accuracy/quality of content creation/population done by others;
- Ensuring records are maintained accurately;
- Mentoring and training new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline;
- Experience in managing people and interacting with customers/stakeholders;
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors;
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability.
- Background in Business Process Outsourcing (financial services, customer service, etc.);
- Supply Chain management, Centralized Purchasing or Consumer Retail experience is being considered a plus;
Please submit your CV in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.