We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero, an Amazon Company, is the first product to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again.
Data powers the future of eero. We rely on data to inform and drive product decisions, improve operations between ourselves and our business partners, set marketing strategies, enhance our partners' ability to glean valuable insights from their fleets, allow our partners to provide better support for their customers, and much more.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist on the B2B Product team at eero, you will participate in product development by bringing analytical and statistical expertise to solve new and complex problems. Working closely with our B2B product & engineering leadership, you will dig deep into the hardware system and RF metrics generated by our partners' large deployments of consumer mesh networks to drive the understanding, growth, and success of eero routers. You will help evaluate and ensure the success of newly released software features utilizing data from our mobile applications, wifi performance, and cloud metrics.
Key job responsibilities
- Become a subject matter expert at the data eero collects, regularly performing analyses independently as well as in response to product team requests
- Provide product and feature recommendations based on data analysis
- Guide our engineering team in matters of what data to collect, schema design, and approaches to transforming data for use in customer-facing applications
- Work closely with engineers to develop new data-driven features
- Build, maintain, and curate a corpus of analyses based on eero's current and future data collection that will be consumed by our product team.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest data analysis techniques and approaches, including areas where we could leverage machine learning.
- Have 3+ years of work experience in quantitative analysis with a demonstrable product impact
- Have 3+ years of experience with a business intelligence tool like Looker or Tableau
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Python or R. You are familiar with libraries for data manipulation and machine learning such as Pandas, scikit-learn, or dplyr
- Ability to build, clean, and transform datasets from large amounts of structured and unstructured data using tools like SQL, Spark, or Hadoop
- Comfort designing experiments to test hypotheses and helping others implement best experimental practices
- Curiosity. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge about machine learning techniques
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field. Or you have equivalent training, fellowship or work experience.
- Experience translating ambiguous areas of investigation into clear analyses
- Confidence in your communication and presentation skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues from a variety of business roles and backgrounds
- Working knowledge of Wifi and networking technologies