Are you ready to restart your career and build the future? The Amazon Returnship Program offers you an opportunity to reboot your skills, refresh your resume with new experience, and relaunch your journey toward your professional goals in a supportive, real-world environment.
The Returnship Program is a paid 16-week, 100% virtual opportunity available to candidates who are returning to their professional career after experiencing 1 or more years of unemployment and/or underemployment. The successful candidate must meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States.
Learn more about Amazon Returnships at www.amazon.jobs/returnships
Key job responsibilities
Are you passionate about solving complex problems in an ambiguous and constantly evolving space? Do you have experience managing projects and programs from conception to launch? Are you a leader with strong communication skills who is comfortable presenting to all levels of leadership?
- Collaborate with program, product, analytics and tech team members and stakeholders globally to look around corners, identify cross-functional issues impacting customers and work to understand use cases. Use this information to build a plan and mitigate customer and business risk.
- Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, manage program end-to-end, establish metrics and analyze data to drive improvements that are quantified with metrics.
- Communicate our program roadmap and progress to stakeholders globally.
- Conduct root cause analysis and use supporting data to present gaps and opportunities to drive process improvements, drive alignment, and launch changes that balance Brand needs with Customer trust, appropriately protecting Brands in the Brand Registry program.
- Build and work to scale for the long-term and not only short-term wins.
- Effectively prioritize and manage processes and initiatives, considering trade-offs and optimizing for Customer and Brand experience.
- Leverage industry best practices to establish repeatable practices, principles & processes.
- Create workflows and SOPs.
- Establish closed loop processes.
- Take manual processes and build scalable and automated solutions.
- Establish mechanisms/processes to proactively mitigate risk.
- Refine processes to achieve SLAs, reduce errors, improve defect management and maintain. consistency in operational processes globally
- Build metrics and KPIs to track progress.
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 1+ year of current unemployment or underemployment
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Program Management and Change Management experience
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment across multiple businesses
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to influence with or without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures and policies
- Upon successful completion of the Returnship Program, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to within commuting distance of the assigned office location. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
- Returnship candidates should not currently be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
For Colorado Applicants: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 44.13/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $44.13/hr. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.