The Devices and Services (D&S) Trust & Security team works to ensure that our devices and services are designed and implemented to the high standards required to maintain and enhance customer trust. Security and Privacy are paramount to maintaining trust and we need to continue to build trusted products, maintain and operate trusted environments, and advocate trust to customers and stakeholders. The team develops security automation for devices & services, performs penetration testing, and handles and tracks incident responses to resolution. The Trust team is responsible for enabling business growth and innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect customer trust. We are responsible for defining and executing on the security and privacy requirements across the entire organization.
Amazon Devices designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle, Ring, Blink, and eero family of products. We have also been working on ground-breaking projects like satellite-based Internet access service (Project Kuiper), autonomous vehicles (Zoox), and more.
You will be joining the Trusted Software Security Team which is part of the Devices and Services Trust and Safety organization. You can learn more about the organization here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0UTTxzeGog. Trusted Software Security Team defines security problems of Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) and implement security solutions for amazon devices.
As an applied scientist on our team, you will collaborate with our security engineers to formally verify software which will extensive security enhancement to the TEE OS. To protect various amazon devices with a multi-layered approach and support secure service to customer, we should have secure and high performance TEE OS. You will research about formal verification of TEE OS to eliminate potential vulnerabilities. Our goal is that make TCB (Trusted Computing Base) of TEE OS machine checked formal proven on implementation correctness.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for innovation, and have the highest standards for software development, this position will give you the opportunity to design and build cutting edge software for millions of Amazon devices (e.g. Echo, FireTV, etc.). The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
* Responsible for the formal verification for TEE OS
* Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 4+ years of software verification experience (academic or industrial)
· 3+ years experience programming with C/C++
· 2+ years of experience in Software Security (e.g. IOT Security, Linux Security)
· Experience with Python, shell scripting or R
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Coding experience related to software verification
· Detail-oriented, can identify and fix your own bugs, and write quality code that runs efficiently
· Enjoy working in a team that follows Agile practices and embraces unit testing, automation, code reviews, and CI
· written and verbal communication skills
· A PhD in CS, software verification field.
· Prior work experience as an applied scientist at a consumer product company.
· Experience using an C/C++ to write production-ready code.
· Knowledge of hardware security mechanisms, including secure boot, trusted execution environments
· Knowledge of operating system internals, with emphasis on Linux and common RTOS environments