We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
2023 Cloud Support Associate Graduate - Dublin Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of AWS as a leading technology organization? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader and technology forerunner in the cloud business. As a member of the AWS support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a cloud support associate, you will act as the ‘cloud ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools and tactics to get the most out of their product and support investment.
Come build the future with us.
Key job responsibilities
Each day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers.
• Interact with leading engineers around the world.
• Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Leverage customer support experience to provide feedback with AWS teams on how to improve.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
A day in the life
· First and foremost, this is a customer support role in the Cloud.
· On a typical day, a support engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through customer contact channels (e.g., telephone, email, and web/live chat).
· You will apply troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions for our customers by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· An AWS support engineer may also develop and train, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
· We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
· Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
· As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
About the team
If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as a graduate starter.
- Competitive pay
- At Amazon, most employees have the ability to become owners of the company through the granting and vesting of Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s)
- Hybrid working (team dependent)
- Dynamic work spaces, with free fruit!
- Unlimited access to internal trainings
- Care for your overall well-being, with support for your physical and mental health
- Real opportunity to grow your career across the organization.
Graduate start dates vary throughout the year.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to scale our impact and grow. Amazon has 13 affinity groups (https://www.aboutamazon.com/affinity-groups), sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. With executive and company sponsorship, these groups play an important role in building internal networks for creating a community, advising Amazon business units, leading in service projects, and reaching out to communities where Amazonians live and work.
If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT): https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/uk
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our EMEA Student Programs Team Events page to register for one of our upcoming events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
- Currently enrolled in your final year, to receive a Bachelor’s / Master’s / PhD in Tech OR have graduated within 12 months of amazon.jobs application date.
- Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Databases.
- Basic knowledge of Operation Systems Windows and/or Linux.
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
- Familiarity with Database, Storage, & Big Data concepts.
- Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Customer facing work experience
Amazon values knowledge of Accessibility in relation to its products, devices, services, websites or environments, so as to be usable by people with disabilities.
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).