At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of retail, HR, marketing, tech and operations partners. We help others understand finance and are trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for finance Interns to work alongside, and support managers gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes, and controls used to record Amazon’s growing volume of daily, weekly, and monthly transactions.
You will learn how Finance supports the various business teams in forecasting and analyzing actual financial results, managing the external reporting of Amazon’s quarterly financial statements and inputting to the launch of new customer-focused initiatives to ensure customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree or finished studies max. 12 months ago in finance, accounting, business and/or similar discipline focused on analytics
- Mandatory to be able to sign a learning agreement with student’s University
- Availability to work 40h/week
- Internship length: 6 months
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Analytical acumen and interpersonal and communication skills and be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and working with large databases
- Experience in Excel (e.g., sum, if, pivots, lookups)
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using Excel
- Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (.g., SQL, MSAccess, Essbase, and/or Cognos)
Application and Assessment Process
Selected candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview consisting of a combination of interviews and case studies. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our Student Events page to register for one of our upcoming virtual events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.