The Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Trainer is responsible for the coordination and execution of PIT training for Inbound and Outbound in the Fulfillment Center. Trainers evaluate and refine processes and techniques to improve learning effectiveness and production across all departments in the building. The Trainer assists in driving the success training plans and supporting the needs of the Fulfillment Center workforce.
Key job responsibilities
- Deliver internal Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) training to Amazon standards.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and update tracking system (FCLM).
- Monitor and provide feedback on current group of PIT operators.
- Report on safety performance of PIT operators and use the information to improve the effectiveness of our training.
- Undertake auditing of safety standards and procedures throughout the Fulfillment Center.
- Advise Associates and Managers on Company procedures regarding PIT safety, training and standards.
- Know their own level of competence and not give information outside this level.
- Update internal records in regard to PIT licence.
- Flexibility on hours worked to cover holidays and all shift patterns is essential.
- Valid PIT Operating license.
- Six months operating experience on either Counter Balance or Reach Truck.
- No outstanding PIT safety concerns.
- PIT Trainer experience
- Experience of driving a range of PIT vehicles
- Track record of working in operations
- Detailed understanding of PIT safety issues
- Ability to work closely to operations to fulfill their training requirement
- Manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrates a methodical approach in tasks
- A basic understanding of project management
- Shows a drive for improvement of learning and design processes
- Analytical skills
- Trainer or Learning Assistant experience
- Proven ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and effectively adhere to new processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under the minimum of supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the business.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.