We are currently looking for exceptional individuals to join our Data center Engineer Operations team for managing the mechanical system controls, BMS/EPMS within Amazon data centers. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports our Data Center Organization within Amazon. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center operate at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
This position will report to the Data Center Engineering Operations Facilities Manager and provide a central point of ownership and accountability for the overall ‘hands-on’ management of the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) infrastructure. It will also include event management, incident management, problem management and change management. In addition, this will include the relationship management with critical facility vendors, Data Center Construction team, Data Center Operations team, Security team, and Logistics team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Operations and Maintenance:
· Ownership of all Data Center changes/events/incidents/problems from beginning to end as well as overseeing the completion of post-mortems, root cause analysis and follow-up resolution actions.
· Responsible for ensuring maintenance/ repairs of site-critical facility infrastructure or a Data Center are planned and executed to the best interest of the business.
· Responsible for Asset and Inventory management.
· Develop and maintain method statements, standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, and preventive maintenance programs. Ensure standardization and consistency with best-in-class operating practices.
· Develop a complete, deep knowledge of the design intent, operational alternatives and contingency plans related to all Data Center systems.
· Understand the engineering aspects of the Data Centers related to Health & Safety, local statutory requirements, environmental and energy management.
· Deliver the regular engineering reports and ensure adherence to contracted deliverables including SLA’s and KPI’s.
· Providing hands on facility support where required (e.g. installation of new equipment, decommissioning of equipment, replacement of faulty equipment, internal audits…etc.)
· Take part technical compliance auditing and the effective and timely close out of corrective action plans. Take part in annual operational reviews with a focus on compliance with the Amazon standards and all applicable regulatory requirements. (Audits)
· Manage the delivery of the portfolio of Energy/Environmental Management Programs
· Keep abreast of Data Center industry innovation
· Incident and Emergency Response:
· Reviewing incident reports, documenting periodic trend summaries, and providing updates and recommended actions to management
· Managing information flow during incidents while providing regular updates to management
· Manage and coordinate with vendors to resolve any incidents during emergency situations. This may require to physically be dispatched on to site to investigate and resolve the issue
· Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams, preferably in a Controls and Mechanical construction/operation environment -Experience as a Controls Engineering Specialist -Minimum 5 years of field service experience preferably with the following products: Siemens: Apogee Honeywel: Building Controls/Trend Schneider Electric: PowerLogic/Struxureware Power User Level Windows Skill Set.
· An Engineering degree in a technical field (EE, MechE, IndustrialE).
· The candidate needs to be a self-starter and independent worker.
. Capable to develop and modify BMS/EPMS graphics user interface
· Familiarity in Chiller PLC operations /DDC panel operations and trouble shooting
· Ability to write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries.
· Strong technical understanding of data Center Electrical and Mechanical Systems
· Proactively and continually improve his/her level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies.
· Capable to Develop building automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams
· An interest in work subject matter that ensures that the teams are kept abreast of all relevant industry standards changes
. Minimum 5 years Experience with BMS / EPMS controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
. Minimum 5 years of experience designing, configuring, programming, installing or servicing one of the following products: Siemens: Building Controls, Trend: Building Controls, Schneider Electric: Power Logic/Struxureware
. An Engineering degree in a technical field (EE, MechE, IndustrialE).