The AWS Marketplace (AWS MP) team is looking for a Global Category Lead for Energy industry to join our fast-paced team and will have the exciting opportunity to help grow our Energy category.
AWS MP is a curated digital catalog, customers can use to find, buy, deploy, and manage third-party software, data, and services that customers need to build solutions and run their businesses. To learn more about Marketplace, our categories and the services we support, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace
Key job responsibilities
• Become a key member of the Energy Category team in identifying, and recruiting relevant software and data providers to Energy category.
• Determine and execute the recruit and onboard strategy for Energy verticals industry application vendors to list their solutions on AWS Marketplace. Vendors may range from startups to large enterprises.
• Engage recruited vendors’ field organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue.
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., AWS service teams, legal, support)
• Manage complex contract negotiations and complex business requirements and activities which drive category specific selection.
• Thought leadership – develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) and evangelize AWS MP through forums such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers,
Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events.
• Support an AWS internal community of various industry Subject Matter Experts.
• Translating the technical requirements of our customers to the AWS MP product management and development teams to guide the direction of AWS MP for the Energy industry.
A day in the life
Come build the future with us and explore additional AWS Marketplace/Data Exchange Opportunities!
• 7+ years of experience working with leading ISVs in Energy and Utilities verticals, ranging from startups to large enterprises, including a solid understanding of cloud computing technology
• 7+ years of Partner Development, Alliances, or Business development experience.
• 7+ years of business experience and customer-facing skills to interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers and architects
• MBA or Graduate degree. 15+ years Knowledge of Software sales model and/or cloud computing.
• Experience working in Energy and Utilities industry verticals.
• Experience with varying software licensing models.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.