The Audiences program within Amazon Advertising is responsible for helping advertisers advertisers gain insights about their customers, and then create targeting audiences to reach out to these customers with relevant marketing campaigns. We have an opening for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist who is passionate about applying advanced ML and statistical techniques to ensure that targeted ads exceed a high relevancy bar, both for customers and advertisers.
You will work in an agile and fast-paced team of scientists and software engineers at our development center in Edinburgh, Scotland and our head office in London. As a scientist on the team, you will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and scientific research, through to development and deployment of advanced models - giving you a real sense of ownership. From day one, you will be working with experienced scientists, engineers, and designers who love what they do.
This role requires a pragmatic technical leader comfortable with ambiguity, capable of summarizing complex data and models through clear visual and written explanations. You will have experience with machine learning models and information retrieval systems at scale. Additionally, we are seeking someone with rigor in applied sciences and engineering, creativity, curiosity, and great judgment.
We place a high emphasis on team spirit and collaboration, while providing the required support needed for succeeding in the role. This role offers an excellent opportunity to grow your technical and non-technical skills and make a real difference to the Amazon Advertising business. If this sounds like you, come join the Audiences team at Amazon!
We support domestic and international relocation. We offer a highly competitive salary and strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team.
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Master's degree with applied research experience
- Experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
· Experience applying statistical techniques to solve real business problems.
· Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
· Proficiency in an object-orientated programming language (C++, Java, C#, C, Perl/Ruby, etc.)
· Proficiency with mathematical programming environments (R, Matlab, Numpy/Scipy, SAS, etc.)
· Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-terrabyte) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
· Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).