Are you interested in building and scaling the Amazon Launchpad and Handmade programs to grow and elevate new, innovative brands and artisan makers launching on Amazon? Amazon Launchpad's mission is to support innovative startups, and Amazon Handmade's mission is to delight our customers with unique gift ideas and handcrafted products that are sourced from inspiring artisans from around the world. To help us fulfill these missions, we are looking for a savvy and customer-obsessed social media manager to oversee our organic social channels.
As a Social Media Manager, you will be a key player on the Launchpad and Handmade Marketing Team, responsible for driving a best in class customer experience by: 1) defining and executing the organic social media strategy across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok; 2) sourcing engaging content that drives awareness and traffic to our products and builds brand affinity; 3) developing a robust follower growth strategy; and 4) increasing customer engagement through content testing and data-driven targeting.
You’ll have an eye for compelling content, an aptitude for experimentation and data analysis, and a passion for social media. You will learn from and share best practices across the Launchpad and Handmade Marketing Team as well as other Amazon teams. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working independently.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversee organic social for Amazon Handmade and Amazon Launchpad from strategy through execution, writing, planning, and scheduling content across social media touchpoints
• Source, create, and publish timely social media content to inform, educate, and inspire various audiences about Handmade and Launchpad product offerings and seller stories
• Develop, test, and refine best practices for engaging with customers and building the Launchpad and Handmade brands
• Ensure @AmazonHandmade and @AmazonLaunchpad have a consistent voice and presence across various social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
• Provide regular performance reporting and key insights to help shape and evolve our content strategy over time
• Demonstrate excellent judgement, instincts and a sharp feel for the social media landscape
About the team
Our team is Seattle-based, but we are fully flexible in terms of teammates' preferences to work in-office or from home.
• BA/BS required
• 3+ years of experience in Marketing roles, at least 1 year specifically focused on social media
• Experience using customer data/insights to inform campaign strategy and planning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience writing customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to online customers
• 3+ years working in social media marketing
• Specific experience in Sprinklr publishing and reporting
• Experience launching and/or directly managing social accounts with large base of social followers (100K+)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.