By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in Canada including, but not limited to: Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON, Winnipeg, MN, Victoria, BC, Ottawa, ON, Calgary, AB. Locations are subject to change.
Design at Amazon has been growing steadily in reach and impact—from devices to fashion, delivery logistics to search and streaming video, from voice and sound to physical retail, and more—all while creating and cultivating experiences that touch Amazon customers everywhere, every day. Amazon design teams include every flavor of UI, UX, visual, motion, illustration, brand, and marketing design roles—as well as design technologists, researchers, writers, and more. Check out https://amazon.design/, and come build the future with us.
As a UX Design Intern, you will collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and interaction, visual, motion, and voice design patterns.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May - July 2023. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key job responsibilities
• Design thoughtful, beautiful, and useful software user interfaces and experiences in a team environment.
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
• Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
• Work with stakeholders to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design.
• Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
• Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Design, Human-Centered Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or other equivalent discipline, with an expected conferral date between October 2023 – September 2026.
• Previous design internship(s) and/or project experience in design.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions.
• Experience in a variety of design, wire-framing, and prototyping tools.
• Provide at least two, creative materials or projects, demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (study plans, reports, portfolio, etc.).
• Experience with consumer brand experience design and an understanding of storytelling.
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
• Additional design skills in related fields, including film-making, motion design, and prototyping.
• Experience in designing interactions for voice led devices.
• Experience in designing cross platform experiences.
• Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mock-ups reflecting a range of options.
• Ability to proficiently present design solutions to stakeholders in design, product management, and engineering.
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Able to use best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow.
At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, notify your Recruiter.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.