Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Game Artist II
Location: Irvine, CA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Ensure consistent delivery of quality 2D and 3D art content through a broad skill set including the ability to work with project leads and production to evaluate outsourcing needs, researching, evaluating, and testing potential outsource partners.
2. Generate project specific documentation to be delivered to outsource partners that defines content standards and establishes communication guidelines and pipeline requirements.
3. Work with the Art Director to understand the development of the visual style and quality bar for all outsource work. Drive outsourcing process from beginning to end by presenting work, guiding conversations, and coordinating with producers to work on timelines.
4. Work with the production team to create, manage, and track art outsource schedules and will provide feedback and direction, both artistic and technical, to outsource partners.
5. Collaborate with a team of artists and outsource partners to ensure final deliverables reflect the artistic design vision.
6. Ability and desire to problem solve and work autonomously in the absence of concrete answers or specific direction.
7. Detailed and organized management of a high volume of assets across multiple disciplines (characters, concept, world, 2D assets, and more)
8. Provide ongoing regular and timely feedback to external vendors working on art content. Must communicate and work well in a team environment with the ability to receive and give feedback with gracious consideration.
9. Manage and supervise the work of at least one Outsource Artist.
10. Telecommuting benefits available.
A Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or a related discipline, and 3 years of experience in the video game industry.
Experience with each of the following required:
1. 1 year of experience driving the design process from concept to completion.
2. 1 year of experience with next generation asset creation pipelines, tools, software and customization systems.
3. 1 year of experience placing assets into a game engine.
4. 1 year of experience with one of the following design software: CAD software, Adobe InDesign; Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or Microsoft Visio.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.