At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as an HR Manager in one of our North America Fulfillment Centers.
The Human Resources Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our fulfillment center. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- The ability to create a vision and goals for a HR team and inspire and motivate the team to achieve excellence in terms of customer support and core HR processes
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred
- Advanced project management skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
- Success in creating and driving effective and positive employee relations, retention and reward programs
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Stellar internal and external customer service focus
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
*Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Full shift flexibility including holidays, nights and weekends is needed for this role.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 7+ years human resource business partner experience
- Advanced graduate degree (MBA or Masters in HRM preferred)
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups with employee populations of 2,000+
- Experience in call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environments
- Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 7-10+ years.
- Demonstrated success in stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles
- Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports and leading large HR teams with talented HR professionals
- Prior experience supporting large hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.