The Global Supply Chain-ACES organization aims to raise the bar on Amazon’s customer experience by delivering holistic solutions for Global Customer Fulfillment that facilitate the effective and efficient movement of product through our supply chain. We develop strategies, processes, material handling and technology solutions, reporting and other mechanisms, which are simple, technology enabled, globally scalable, and locally relevant. We achieve this through cross-functional partnerships, listening to the needs of our customers and prioritizing initiatives to deliver maximum impact across the value chain. Within the organization, our Quality team balances tactical operation with operations partners with global engagement on programs to deliver improved inventory accuracy in our network.
The organization is looking for an experienced Principal Research Scientist to partner with senior leadership to develop long term strategic solutions. As a Principal Scientist, they will lead critical initiatives for Global Supply Chain, leveraging complex data analysis and visualization to:
a. Collaborate with business teams to define data requirements and processes;
b. Automate data pipelines;
c. Design, develop, and maintain scalable (automated) reports and dashboards that track progress towards plans;
d. Define, track and report program success metrics.
e. Serve as a technical science lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Masters degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or any Quantitative field
• 8+ years of experience in building mid-large-scale machine learning solutions
• Has deep understanding of state-of-the-art scientific principles and techniques in at least one computer science discipline
• Strong coding skills in one of the programming languages such as python, Java, etc.
• Experience in working with large scale data (GB/TB)
• Phd degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or any Quantitative field
• 10+ years of experience in building mid-large-scale machine learning solutions
• Prior work experience as an applied scientist or a data scientist
• Experience in building ML solutions to optimize supply chain
• Experience in writing production-ready code
• Publication in the field of Forecasting or Recommender systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.