Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Data Scientist II (multiple positions available)
Location: Dallas, TX
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Assist customers to deliver Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) projects from beginning to end, by aggregating data, exploring data, building and validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization;
2. Apply understanding of the customer’s business need and guide them to a solution using AWS AI Services, AWS AI Platforms, AWS AI Frameworks, and AWS AI EC2 Instances;
3. Use Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, PyTorch, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras to help our customers build DL models;
4. Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms and ML/DL algorithms;
5. Work with data architects and engineers to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data;
6. Work with DevOps engineers to help customers operationalize models after they are built;
7. Assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models;
8. Research and implement novel ML and DL approaches, including using FPGA;
9. Develop computer vision and machine learning methods and algorithms to address real-world customer use-cases; and
10. Design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and work closely with engineers to put algorithms and models into practice to help solve customers' most challenging problems.
11. Approximately 15% domestic and international travel required.
12. Telecommuting benefits are available.
A Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 3 years of experience with predictive modeling, data science, or data analysis. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline, followed by 6 progressively responsible years of experience with predictive modeling, data science, or data analysis.
Must have experience with each of the following:
1. 3 years of experience building and deploying ML models or hands on experience developing deep learning models.
2. 3 years of experience writing code in Python, R, Scala, Java, and C++ with documentation for reproducibility.
3. 3 years of experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, writing SQL, and working with GPUs to develop models.
4. 3 years of experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.