Are you excited about understanding the state-of-the-art Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms and designs using large data sets to solve real world problems?
A research internship at Amazon is an opportunity to work with leading machine learning researchers on incomparable datasets using the best tools and hardware in the world. It is an opportunity for PhD students and recent PhD graduates in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and broader Machine Learning to address challenges at a scale that is impossible elsewhere. Along the way, you’ll get opportunities to be a disruptor, prolific innovator, and a reputed problem solver—someone who truly enables machine learning to create significant impact.
As an Applied Scientist Intern, you will be working in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary team of researchers who are pioneers in the field. You will take on complex problems, and work on solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research, or utilize your own out-of-the-box pragmatic thinking. In addition to coming up with novel solutions and prototypes, you may even need to deliver these to production in customer facing products.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, with specialization in Machine Learning.
- Experience in computer vision, deep learning, NLP, or related fields is preferable.
- Strong programming skills are essential, and a working knowledge of Python is preferable
- Practical machine learning experience
- Research experience in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, or broader Machine Learning.
- Publications in top-tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICML, and ACL
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.