When a crisis occurs that may pose a threat to people, property, or business operations, it is imperative that the right team come together to resolve the event. At Amazon, delivering on our commitment to our employees’ safety, as well as our business operations, means that we need a strong leader to ensure this team actually achieves its goal.
Amazon's Corporate Crisis Management Program is seeking a Regional Crisis Manager to lead its Crisis Management Program in the Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) region. The Regional Crisis Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Corporate Crisis Management Program in EMEA is aligned to the business and delivered to a consistent standard across the region. In working with leaders from the Crisis Management Teams (CMT) and Incident Management Teams (IMT), the Regional Crisis Manager will facilitate activities, and escalate needs in support of response efforts following a crisis. The Regional Crisis Manager will also act as a trusted advisor by providing subject matter expertise while enabling a unified coordinated response when a crisis impacts Amazon business operations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
The EMEA Regional Crisis Manager will be responsible for watching for emerging events, assessing them for impact to Amazon employees and business operations, mobilizing the correct CMT, and stabilizing the event and returning the impacted region to business as usual. This role reports to the Global Lead – Corporate Crisis Management.
A day in the life
Crisis Training and Awareness: 50%
• Identify data-driven, risk-based opportunities to develop and administer crisis training and tabletop exercises to stakeholders and business leaders
• Engage with business leaders in over thirty different countries throughout the EMEA region on a regular cadence
• Conduct process reviews with key stakeholder groups to ensure a seamless response across all organizations to a crisis
Crisis Assessment and Activation: 40%
• Watch for domestic and international events that could emerge into a crisis
• Assess emerging events, with the assistance of key stakeholders, and determine if a CMT activation is warranted
• Mobilize the correct CMT within EMEA to begin resolving the event
• Stabilize the event and return the impacted region to business as usual
Program and Project Management: 10%
• CMT roster management
• Implementation of standardized processes
• Bespoke project management
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
• 5+ years’ experience implementing and managing crisis management processes and responses
• Ability to travel internationally
• Experience in leading and managing international teams
• 10+ years’ experience implementing and managing crisis management processes and responses
• Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a high-stress leadership role
• Skilled at delivering interactive and realistic crisis exercises and training sessions
• Track record of having earned the trust of key business leaders and CMT stakeholders
• A critical thinker who can dive deep into data and existing processes, especially while actively managing a crisis
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
• Strong understanding of the importance of maintaining global consistency, while accommodating local nuances
• Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), or other crisis, emergency, or professional certification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).