Amazon is looking for talented Postdoctoral Scientists to join our global Science teams for a one-year, full-time research position. Postdoctoral Scientists will innovate as members of Amazon’s key global Science teams, including: AWS, Alexa AI, Alexa Shopping, Amazon Style, CoreAI, Last Mile, and Supply Chain Optimization Technologies.
Postdoctoral Scientists will join one of may central, global science teams focused on solving research-intense business problems by leveraging Machine Learning, Econometrics, Statistics, and Data Science. Postdoctoral Scientists will work at the intersection of ML and systems to solve practical data driven optimization problems at Amazon scale. Postdocs will raise the scientific bar across Amazon by diving deep into exploratory areas of research to enhance the customer experience and improve efficiencies.
Please note: This posting is one of several Amazon Postdoctoral Scientist postings. Please only apply to a maximum of 2 Amazon Postdoctoral Scientist postings that are relevant to your technical field and subject matter expertise.
Key job responsibilities
* Work closely with a senior science advisor, collaborate with other scientists and engineers, and be part of Amazon’s vibrant and diverse global science community.
* Publish your innovation in top-tier academic venues and hone your presentation skills.
* Be inspired by challenges and opportunities to invent cutting-edge techniques in your area(s) of expertise.
* PhD in a relevant field, received within 2 years of starting the program
* Proven publication record in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science, or other related technical fields
* Experience in data science and quantitative research
* Proficiency in technologies relevant to the subfield
* Ability to independently deliver results in a fast-paced environment
* Publications at top-tier, peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Expert knowledge in modeling and performance, operationalization, and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
Required application materials:
* CV, which lists all peer-reviewed publications/conferences and previous awards/grants received,
* Research statement that outlines your research achievements and future research interests, and
* A journal article or book chapter that demonstrates your domain expertise.
This role will be supporting a global business unit and could support from a few different locations.
This role could potentially be located in the below areas:
* San Francisco, CA
* Los Angeles, CA
* Boston, MA
* New York City, NY
* Seattle, WA
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $152,000 in our lowest geographic market, up to $175,800 in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors, including market location, and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.