Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the “Top 10 New Shows of 2021”, according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). Forty shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+, WeCrashed on Apple TV+ and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to “Feel the Story.” The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
Wondery is looking for a Sales Operations Lead to support our rapidly growing business, reporting to the Head of Podcast Ad Revenue of Wondery. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing company in an emerging new media space and in a role with broad scope and the potential to make a real impact. This person will work closely with the Head of Podcast Ad Revenue and other Wondery team members to establish Wondery as the leading global podcast ad network. This role is a critical member of the Sales Team, focused on using data to make decision that will help us scale, achieve operational efficiency, optimize margins, recruit, onboard and train new Account Executives and Account Managers, and strive for operational excellence and customer-driven innovation in a global growth environment.
The ideal candidate will have previously held a similar role in a quickly scaling sales organization, ideally at an entertainment company or digital brand, and have a passion for storytelling and audio content.
Key job responsibilities
• Devise and execute initiatives against the overall Sales Org strategy; implement and develop new technologies, processes, and outbound and inbound sales strategies and infrastructure as needed to support Sales teams’ growth initiatives.
• Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to refine lead qualification process and penetrate new market opportunities; use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts.
• Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply Account Executive productivity; identify and implement process improvements to continuously increase ad sales operational efficiency, quality, and scalability.
• Work cross functionally with Sales, Integrated Marketing, Content, Account Managers, Ad Operations, Partnerships, Show Marketing, Legal and Finance to maximize the efficacy of our ad sales revenue generating efforts as a business; manage cross-functional projects with these teams to improve the consumer experience and our partners’ experience and achieve targets.
• Help determine the most critical ad sales Key Performance Indicators and make it easy to track and report on them; ensure the organization has transparency and ready access to sales performance data on which we can make decisions and set the pace of the Sales team by regularly sharing pipeline analytics and performance to goal.
• Facilitate, help design and manage Account Executive incentive compensation plans to drive performance; help stay appraised of market conditions so we can continue to competitively recruit top tier talent.
• Partner with Sales Leaders, Finance and our Partnerships teams to create and maintain sales forecasting models and data inputs.
• In conjunction with the Integrated Marketing team, build and execute go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization, strategic initiatives to enhance productivity, process redesign, resource allocation.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in revenue/sales operations
- 1+ years of experience in variable compensation plans
- Background in revenue operations, sales enablement, sales operations, sales development, customer success, strategic planning, and project management, or related role
- Experience in crafting and leveraging data and analytics to drive strategy and results
- Experience in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Negotiation and relationship building skills with sales teams (and ideally with content creators, agencies, and brands)
- Juris Doctorate
- FP&A experience
- Experience with Airtable and Boostr
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with Salesforce
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $107,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $199,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.