The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, the Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
- PhD or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- 10+ years of industrial/academic experience in deep learning, machine learning or a related field
- Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques tailored to meet business needs
- Experience with leadership of experienced scientists as well as a record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a career track in a business environment
- Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- 15+ years of industrial/academic experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
- Demonstrated experience in managing an industrial research team for 5+ years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $159,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $309,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.