Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Do you love problem solving? Do you enjoy learning new ideas and apply them to problems? Are you looking for real world engineering challenges? Do you dream about elegant high quality solutions? Want to be a part of an amazing team that delivers first class analytical solutions to our business world-wide?
AWS is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Back End Data Engineer who is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying Supply Chain Application and Process Automation. In this role you will collaborate with business leaders, work backwards from customers, identify problems, propose innovative solutions, relentlessly raise standards, and have a positive impact on AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement. In this, you will work closely with a team of Business Intelligence Engineers and Data Scientists to architect the application programming interface (API) and user Interface (UI) in context with the business outcomes. You will be using the best of available tools, including EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, and Elastic Search. You will be responsible for the full software development life cycle to build scalable application and deploy in AWS Cloud.
In this job, you will:
Work with business leaders, Business Intelligence Engineers, and Data Scientists to ideate business friendly software solutions.
Design client-side and server-side architecture.
Develop visually appealing front end website architecture, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
Develop functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end.
Write effective APIs.
Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade applications.
Create security and data protection settings.
Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
Develop technical specifications and write technical documentation.
- - Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, or a related field.
- - 6+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with 3+ years of technical leadership experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- - Knowledge of multiple back-end technologies (e.g. C++, C#, Java, Python, Node.js) including object-oriented design
- - Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB), web servers (e.g. Apache, Apache Tomcat)
- - Proficient in mapping the object oriented model to relational database(Hibernate and JPA)
- - Experience with DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes with application deployment using CI/CD.
- - Experience with distributed version control such as Git.
- - Basic knowledge of Linux environments including shell scripting and standard Linux command line tools.
- - Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models and API design.
- - Experience working in NoSQL databases like MongoDB , DynamoDB
- - Experienced with an Agile software development
- - 5+ years of experience as a full stack engineer or back end engineer.
- - Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- - Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- - Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.