The Head Campaign Manager, Sports is the most seasoned Campaign Manager and Chief of Staff for campaign efforts. In essence, they are the lead partner to the senior-most Marketing Managers within Sports at Amazon Prime Video.
Head Campaign Managers are responsible for evangelizing Campaign Management process, tooling, and global workflows. They are expected to mentor junior team members. And, for leagues, titles and properties on which they are assigned, to be responsible for time, budget, and for acting as the main point of contact for all cross-functional teams’ needs (assets, etc.), including Social, Xray, Franchise, Starlight, and Synergy as well as ensuring excellence in total team output. Head Campaign Managers are counted on to provide the structure, discipline and momentum to ensure the business delivers campaigns on target per campaign objectives.
The Head Campaign Manager is expected to be fiscally conscious but inventively clever at executing campaign efforts in ways that are creatively superb. They will frequently need to cut through clutter, invent & simplify toward best solutions for themselves and to help more junior CMs navigate tricky campaign issues. The role is the advocate of campaign process and the predictor of hiccups before they happen. The Head Campaign Manager should be the best dot-connector on the planet, keeping stakeholders regularly in the loop. Seasoned in conflict resolution and inspirers of team collaboration, The Head Campaign Manager is a whole-lifecycle thinker to ensure every angle is covered, as efficiently as possible.
• The senior most Campaign Manager for the Sports team, responsible for working closely with Campaign Operations and Global Operations to ensure other CMs are following process, tooling, and global workflows.
• The mentor and supervisor of the CMs assigned within the Sports Marketing team and a developer of CM culture.
• The end-to-end business manager for assigned campaigns.
• The main internal point-of-contact throughout a campaign – the cross-functional team lead, the global lead, as required.
• A key partner to Marketing Strategy and the Head of Sports Marketing; the operational arm of the strategy.
• The Production & Operations team captain within the Sports team – a mentor, leader, and advocate for those disciplines.
• The voice of the entire team – knowing the needs for all cross-team members and representing them in all meetings/decisions, especially when they are not present.
• A creator of accountability across the team to ensure milestones are met.
Key job responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
• Marketing Operations
• Overall health of 360° campaigns including work-back calendars, timeline management, and oversight of the creative production budget.
• Aligning with the Marketing Managers in planning the campaign operating model and in creating oversight of workbacks across disciplines.
• Aligning the strategy, creative, social and media leads/teams towards common objectives and shared timelines, playing the voice of reason when not aligned.
• Working collaboratively with the Creative Directors, Marketing Managers, Producers, and Marketing Finance to ensure the full creative asset budget is strategically allocated and managed throughout the lifecycle of a campaign.
• Working collaboratively and proactively with internal teams and external agencies to assess project requirements and to ensure efficient development and delivery of assets per the marketing plan.
• Acting as the main point of contact with internal and external partners and agencies to ensure deadlines are met, including – as necessary – the strategic allocation of resources, rate negotiations with external partners, and oversight of the development of AV, digital and print creative assets.
• Obtaining necessary approvals and communicating plans to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensuring the team establishes and maintains appropriate processes and job tracking to keep deliverables on time and on budget.
• Anticipating and ability to mitigate problems as they arise while ensuring updates on progress, relevant delays and budget implications are communicated to stakeholders.
• Inventing and Simplifying processes and the use of system tooling to support efficient collaboration, campaign planning, resource tracking and creative review/approvals.
• Raising the quality bar and foster continual process improvements through routine post mortems and collaborative feedback with cross-functional partners.
• Mentorship and Supervisory responsibilities as needs require of the role.
- 9+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of ownership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $119,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $222,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.