Additional locations include: [Culver City, CA], [San Francisco, CA], [Seattle, WA], [Atlanta, GA], or [London, UK].
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music is an immersive audio entertainment service that deepens connections between fans, artists, and creators. From personalized music playlists to exclusive podcasts, concert livestreams to artist merch, Amazon Music is innovating at some of the most exciting intersections of music and culture. We offer experiences that serve all listeners with our different tiers of service: Prime members get access to all the music in shuffle mode, and top ad-free podcasts, included with their membership; customers can upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for unlimited, on-demand access to 100 million songs, including millions in HD, Ultra HD, and spatial audio; and anyone can listen for free by downloading the Amazon Music app or via Alexa-enabled devices. Join us for the opportunity to influence how Amazon Music engages fans, artists, and creators on a global scale.
The Business Development and Partner Marketing team is focused on enabling customers to discover and engage with Amazon Music anywhere, any time. We work with a wide range of partners from speaker and car manufacturers, to key players in gaming, fitness, social, financial services and live entertainment.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, creative marketing leader that can think big and drive scale through leadership, influence and smart work. We are on the hunt for someone that is immersed in Gaming, Tech and Sports. This will be a key role within the Business Development team, reporting to the Global Head of Partner Marketing.
As the Principal Partner Marketing Manager for Gaming and Sports, you will be responsible for developing marketing strategy and leading execution and optimization of results-oriented partner marketing programs and initiatives that drive awareness, acquisition for and engagement with Amazon Music with priority, strategic partners. This position offers an opportunity to leverage your creative marketing skills and passion for music with the one of the world's leading technology companies, while experiencing the excitement and global growth of the streaming world. You will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically, driving innovation to achieve great results. You will work closely with the Business Development team to ideate and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives in a complex and ambiguous environment.
As part of the Partner Marketing team, you will: help develop programs to launch and optimize partnerships including partner marketing campaigns that break through creatively while also driving core KPIs; build scalable marketing solutions and tools; use your creative problem-solving skills to remove roadblocks and move things forward. In addition to collaborating with Amazon Music’s key external partners, you will work with global internal stakeholders such as Artist Marketing, Brand Marketing, Label Relations, Business Intelligence, Design, Engagement Marketing, and Product.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and execute partner marketing strategy for key verticals, focusing on Gaming and Sports, that break through creatively while also driving core KPIs around awareness, customer acquisition, and engagement
- Build insights to inform product/partnership enhancements and partnership opportunities
- Develop and evolve propositions and marketing packages for partners (i.e. content focus, differentiated offerings) to drive key KPIs
- Partner with Business Development leads on the sell-in of new partnerships with proposals, and collaborate internally (e.g. with Artist Marketing, Product, Licensing) to deliver best in class campaign opportunities for our partners
- Drive thought leadership in regards to Gaming and Sports Partner Marketing
- Report on partner marketing campaign performance and opportunities to cross-functional executives at Amazon
- Develop and execute test and learn plans (copy, creative, targeting) for continuous performance improvement and optimization of campaigns.
- Excel at cross-group collaborating, creative thinking, problem solving and have strong bias for action.
- 9+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- Experience working in gaming, sports, entertainment, media or technology industries
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with an innate attention to detail
- Self-starter that can juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve problems
- An entrepreneurial drive; not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships with and influencing internal and/or external partners
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $252,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.