Come join an innovative intelligence team that delivers tailored products and services for the customer. Our ideal candidate will provide rapid assessments of local, domestic and international security situations, sensitive developments and complex threat issues. They have a passion for delighting customers, teamwork, and continuous improvement. You will focus on delivering customized strategic analysis that enables the customer to look around the corners and mitigate risk to events and business operations. A successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of global security risks, have experience producing threat assessments, and possesses an extensive network of public and private sector professional contacts.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 16 leadership principles that help guide us in our everyday decision making process. These leadership principles are a clear articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great – things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. It is always Day One!
Key job responsibilities
• Work with customers to build strong policies and security practices that ensure safe and successful events.
• Design and influence operational best practices across cross-functional teams to enable clear and accurate data reporting across multiple teams.
• Monitor for new trends and changes to security environments and alert appropriate stakeholders.
• Complete projects as assigned including drafting, editing, and revising location assessments, situation reports, and analytical white papers.
• Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, technology, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development within the organization.
• Create maps or other visuals to support the team’s products.
• Assist with investigations, social media monitoring, and crisis management logistics as needed.
• Mentor and develop junior analysts.
• 10+ years in analytical, investigative, law enforcement, and/or executive protection disciplines.
• Bachelor’s degree (criminal justice, psychology, or security-related preferred).
• Excellent critical thinking and open source research skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to succinctly summarize and assess information.
• Experience completing multiple tasks simultaneously and functioning with minimal supervision.
• Provide 24/7 support. Ability to work a non-traditional schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Key strengths are recognized as - flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive.
• A strong solution focus and comfortable working in an environment, which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new processes quickly.
• Excellent translator between various part of the business and external stakeholders.
• Experience working with highly confidential information.
• Proficient in multiple languages.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $70,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $170,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.