World Wide Real Estate Technologies invents software solutions to optimize Amazon’s commercial real estate portfolio. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated UI/UX Designer to join our team in the commercial real estate industry. You will work at a global scale to solve real-world challenges that will transform Amazon’s approach to Industrial Real Estate in ways we can’t even image yet.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with business partners, engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to create intuitive and functional designs that allow customers to successfully manage the lifecycle of our commercial real estate portfolio.
You will design cutting-edge technology solutions in workflow automation, geospatial intelligence and mapping, and artificial intelligence to revolutionize the way our stakeholders conduct business.
The solutions you design will be used by thousands of Amazonians to improve efficiency in their daily job responsibilities.
Key job responsibilities
- As the ideal candidate for this role, you have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI/UX patterns.
- Your ability to receive candid feedback from end users and empathize with their pain points is crucial. You work backwards and design products from an end-user perspective.
- You are comfortable documenting user stories and acceptance criteria based on insights you identify from user research and empirical user-experience data.
- You easily visualize a user journey experience in the abstract and then document your vision into concise design deliverables such as conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- You craft delightful design solutions that elevate the end-user experience and guarantee consistency in -the UI/UX across our team’s portfolio of products.
- You drive the creative review cycle defending your design solutions to product managers and other designers and researchers.
- You think holistically, and craft the "why" of all that we ship – advocating your solutions to leadership by putting them in context of business goals. You write effectively to communicate design rational to non-designer audiences.
- You are able to work autonomously, manage ambiguity within assignments, and communicate well over messaging platforms with colleagues around the globe.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment that requires continuous iteration of your work to changing requirements. You are able to constantly re-prioritize your workload to meet aggressive deadlines.
- You have strong project management skills and can work with project managers to ensure your designs can be delivered by a given deadline while maintaining high standards of quality.
- You can easily codify designs into written guidelines and requirements for use by engineers. You are comfortable collaborating with software engineers to bring your designs and vision to market.
About the team
WWRE Tech manages software tools to centralize data about what buildings Amazon launches. Since inception, these tools have grown to encompass Amazon's worldwide operations (outside physical stores): we now cover thousands of active new launches, retrofit, and lease-related projects. We create global standards for managing data related to these capital projects.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA
- 5+ years of design experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, HMI, or related field
- Experience creating world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, domain/industry workflow patterns, and usability study findings.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in UI/UX design principles and techniques for web-based solutions.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team of end users, product managers, and developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience creating a style guide that matches company brand profile based on set of design principles and concepts.
- Excellent presentation skills to communicate complex and interactive design concepts persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization.
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Photoshop.
- Advanced Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, HMI, or related field
- Available portfolio or samples of work (mockups, diagrams, functional solutions, etc.) demonstrating past experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Available style guide and ability to verbally explain design rationale behind design principles and concepts.
- Technical skills to perform simple database queries or run reports and analyze data to find usage patterns and behavior insights.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.