Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. The mission of Project Kuiper’s Government Solutions (KGS) is to leverage Kuiper and provide high speed, low latency, and secure satellite broadband services to United States and allied government customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Product Manager to support the Kuiper Government Solutions (KGS) team focusing on U.S. and Global Government customers such as NASA, DoD, National Security. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will support efforts to define roadmaps for Kuiper government product and business development, in close coordination with the Kuiper engineering and scientific teams. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture. This position will be based in the Northern Virginia area.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with industry best practices for designing large-scale space based communication systems that comply with DoD and IC requirements, understand how those government organizations acquire and operate SATCOM, ground, and network systems to serve government users. They would also have experience building business cases based on relevant data.
Key job responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity to assist in the development of a global broadband communication system including tailored solutions for U.S. Government customers. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and define groundbreaking wireless technology with few legacy constraints. The team develops and designs products leveraging the Kuiper system for government customers and analyzes its overall system level performance such as for overall throughput, latency, system availability, packet loss etc., as well as compatibility for both connectivity and interference mitigation with other space and terrestrial systems. This team also develops and analyzes resource allocation techniques for links to ensure optimal system performance from capacity, coverage, power consumption and availability point of view.
In this role you will:
• Support technical aspects of product line efforts for U.S. and Global Government customers
• Leverage your core technical understanding in government use of commercial space technology
• Connect Government use cases with relevant Kuiper products
• Provide technology alternatives; weigh the pros and cons of a technology choice and propose relevant options
• Develop and implement strategies, concepts, technologies and integrated systems needed to support emerging and improved government use of commercial space communication
• Provide aligned and coherent product feature, and business strategies
• Design mechanisms to ensure long-term product or business success
• Solve complex technical problems related to improvements to the Kuiper program for government users
• Communicate clearly and effectively to peers and leadership on the plans, status, and critical issues.
• Design product value propositions and drives strategic product communication
• Demonstrate leadership and ability to navigate through complex problems, weighing various priorities and options, and managing trades studies and constraints
• Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner
• Provide visualizations, document results, and communicate them across multi-disciplinary project teams.
This position is in Arlington, VA. Role will include work with international customers and therefore international as well as domestic travel will be required.
Security Clearance: Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance of TS/SCI, so you must be a U.S. citizen for consideration.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition.
- 5+ years experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 5+ years product management and/or business leadership experience within a telecommunications or technology company
- 6+ years of proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
- 5+ years of proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory, learning new concepts, and pushing your comfort zone.
- An effective multi-tasker who navigates a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with grace and efficiency.
- Experience with DoD/IC/NASA projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.