We are seeking a talented applied researcher to join the Search team responsible for developing reinforcement learning systems for Amazon's shopping experience and delivering it to millions of customers. We believe that shopping on Amazon should be simple, delightful, and full of "wow" moments for everyone.
- PhD degree with 4+ years of applied research experience or a Master's degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
- At least 5 year of experience with predictive modeling and analysis, applying various machine learning techniques including supervised/unsupervised learning, deep learning, and reinforcement learning
- Publication record at ML conferences and journals
- 5+ years of experience with programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- At least 8 years of experience with predictive modeling and analysis, applying various machine learning techniques including supervised/unsupervised learning, deep learning, and reinforcement learning
- At least 3 year of experience building large scale production software system * Strong publication record at top ML conferences and journals
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and non-technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $260,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.