We are hiring for Software Development Engineers for the Device Messaging Team. We create and maintain the device components and cloud services for bidirectional communication between all Amazon Devices and the Amazon Cloud.
The Device Cloud Services organization (DCS) is specialized in building foundational platform solutions that cater to a number of critical customer experiences. We are the cloud platform solution provider for the Device businesses ranging from the E-Reader to FireTV and Echo Family of Devices and expanding into third-party devices that connect to the Amazon ecosystem.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume services that customers love.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for:
• Designing, implementing and launching high-quality software systems to solve complex problems with big impact
• Working across a broad range of AWS technologies to build full-stack web applications, distributed systems software and automation workflows
• Developing code for a broad range of Amazon Devices.
• Collaborating with a diverse range of cross-functional roles, including engineering, product, customers and business stakeholders across the company
• Promoting a culture of engineering excellence by establishing best practices and technical standards across the organization
• Consulting with engineers from across the organization on architecture and design of new systems to solve some of our hardest engineering problems
A day in the life
During the day-to-day, a SW Development Engineer in the Device Messaging Team:
• Communicates with other business teams in E-Reader/Tablet/FireTV/Alexa to name a few.
• Collects business requirements,
• Helps describe software product features,
• Builds technical designs and architecture.
• Maintains highly available services and critical device components.
About the team
Our team is responsible of maintaining and expanding the Amazon Device Messaging platform. Our vision is to have all Amazon Devices, its subsidiaries like Ring, Blink and Eero using our Messaging solutions.
The Device Messaging team needs to interact with multiple devices teams to support the new generation of Amazon Devices, as well as internal and external customers that rely in our platform to send or receive notifications to and from our devices.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Guadalajara, JAL, MEX
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Experience developing backend services, developing applications for Android and iOS and/or software development in C/C++ in Linux.