As a Seasonal flexible part time non-exempt Staffing Administrator, you will coordinate and execute activities to support the high volume hiring and staffing efforts for a defined geographic area. In this fast-paced culture, Staffing Administrators serve as the first face of Amazon to candidates and are essential to creating a positive hiring experience and preparing our associates for a successful Day 1. Staffing Administrators must demonstrate customer obsession by pivoting quickly between tasks, ensuring our candidates move through the new hire process smoothly and efficiently. Seasonal flexible part time Staffing Administrators can work up to 19 hours per week with a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends based on business needs.
Successful candidates will be approachable, action-oriented, flexible problem solvers with great verbal and written communication skills and have exceptional attention to detail. Our team’s schedules vary and require travel to multiple sites according to business needs. We roll up our sleeves, work hard, have fun and make history!
Key job responsibilities
• Set up, execute, and break down hiring events based on labor projections.
• Help candidates progress through the hiring process including application completion, reviewing work authorization documentation, taking badge photos, administering drug screening and other duties as assigned.
• Consult with applicants to determine the best match for their desired position and available opportunities.
• Utilize the Applicant Tracking System to move candidates through the application process as well as other various technologies.
• Complete post-event audits and resolve errors.
• Meet critical deadlines for initiating background screening, completing drug test process and 100% compliance for work authorization documentation.
• Flawless execution of high-volume transactions in alignment with standard operating procedures.
• Assist Coordinators to conduct routine audits and analyzing metrics.
• Participates in candidate generation activities by attending offsite events such as community fairs, hiring events and job fairs.
• Resolve candidate escalations including identifying and removing barriers.
• May work on projects as assigned by the lead or manager.
• Maintain 100% confidentially with candidate’s personal information and sensitive topics.
• Must be able to travel as needed to conduct events in various locations within your designated assigned geographical area. Local travel up to 75% required.
• Maintain supplies and transport materials to/from hiring and community events.
• Staffing Administrators are required to work a flexible schedule according to business needs. Shifts will vary and include evenings and weekends at multiple sites. This role is seasonal, flexible, and part time working up to 19 hours per week.
About the team
The Workforce Staffing team is a skilled, customer obsessed, business partner hiring across multiple locations for entry-level warehouse and fulfillment associate roles. We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright and driven people to help build the future Amazon talent pipeline.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 6+ months experience in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment, such as operations, administrative support, customer service, retail, hospitality, staffing, recruiting, human resources or another related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn multiple other platforms.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment, such as operations, administrative support, customer service, retail, hospitality, staffing, recruiting, human resources or another related field.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills with the ability to create pivot tables, v-lookup and mail merge a plus.
- Experience with auditing written reports and analyzing data.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems or other tracking and reporting systems.
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues and drive them to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills with an emphasis on tact and confidentiality.
- Willingness to present to large groups.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work in an environment with competing demands.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a sense of urgency, and a friendly, diplomatic demeanor.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.