Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into significant businesses? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products and services to life in an entirely new way? Then join us on Project Kuiper.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. The Sr. Product Manager (Govt OSS/BSS), will play a pivotal role in defining and implementing operations support system and business support system for the Kuiper Government Solutions team, serving government customers.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful OSS/BSS for broadband services.
Project Kuiper’s success requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Our leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will assume end-to-end product ownership over technical products to deliver services to our customers.
This position is in Arlington, VA. Some travel will be required.
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance of TS/SCI, so you must be a U.S. citizen for consideration.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage the entire OSS/BSS software system life cycle for Goverment customers from inception to launch
• Work closely with Kuiper OSS/BSS team members
• Work with leadership team to set the customer strategy and make appropriate high-judgment trade-offs between features and speed-to-launch
• Understand and articulate customer needs, conduct on-going customer research, leverage internal knowledge and expertise, and prioritize feature requirements to ensure we can deliver exceptional service to our customers with our OSS/BSS
• Be a passionate advocate for the customer; provide the voice of the customer
• Drive the key software architecture and solutions definitions and selections leveraging internal and external options
• Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the system to life
• Write detailed requirements documents and define use cases, features, and KPIs and drive tradeoff discussions and decisions with engineering
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or technical work experience in addition to a MBA
- 7+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology management related to OSS/BSS
- 2+ years OSS/BSS related experience at a broadband Internet service provider (ISP) or 4+ years software product management experience at a major OSS/BSS supplier to an ISP
- Experience defining and driving roadmaps and product strategies
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products/systems world-wide
- Experience working with OSS/BSS in defining and developing products and negotiating pricing Experience developing and launching V1 products; comfort with ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.