Amazon’s mission is to be earth’s most customer-centric company and our team is the guardian of our customer’s privacy. Amazon SDO Privacy engineering operates in Austin – TX, US and Iasi, Bucharest – Romania. Our mission is to develop services which will enable every Amazon service operating with personal data to satisfy the privacy rights of Amazon customers. We are working backwards from the customers and world-wide privacy regulations, think long term, and propose solutions which will assure Amazon Privacy compliance. Our external customers are world-wide customers of Amazon Retail Website, Amazon B2B services (e.g. Seller central, App / Skill Developers), and Amazon Subsidiaries. Our internal customers are services within Amazon who operate with personal data, Legal Representatives, and Customer Service Agents. You can opt-in for being part of one of the existing or newly formed engineering teams who will contribute to Amazon mission to meet external customers’ privacy rights: Personal Data Classification, The Right to be forgotten, The right of access, or Digital Markets Act – The Right of Portability.
The ideal candidate has a great passion for data and an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. A commitment to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. Your solutions will apply to all of Amazon’s consumer and digital businesses including but not limited to Amazon.com, Alexa, Kindle, Amazon Go, Prime Video and more.
Key job responsibilities
As an data scientist on our team, you will apply the appropriate technologies and best practices to autonomously solve difficult problems. You'll contribute to the science solution design, run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing customer experience. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, you will work closely with talented engineers and ML scientists to put your algorithms and models into practice. You will collaborate with partner teams including engineering, PMs, data annotators, and other scientists to discuss data quality, policy, and model development. Your work will directly impact the trust customers place in Amazon Privacy, globally.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
* A BS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
* Experience in developing and implementing machine learning models and algorithms
* Experience in any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
* Strong understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques, including deep learning and neural networks
* Experience in data analysis and data visualization tools, like SQL, Pandas, Numpy and Matplotlib
* Strong programming skills in at least one programming language like Python/Java/C++
* Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
* Master's degree and 1+ years of CS, CE, ML or related field experience
* Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles and/or patents.
* Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalisation, or search etc
* Experience working with large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data
* Experience in computer vision, deep learning, NLP or related fields
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.