Outbound Communications is seeking a Principal Product Marketing Manager to experiment and optimize the content and creative strategy for Amazon’s Email, Push, SMS and emerging communication channels. We are responsible for the transmission of messages to all of Amazon's customers and deliver over 350 million messages a day. In close partnership with our Design, Product, and Engineering teams, you will create successful channel and content strategies, execute well-structured experiments, scale successful programs, and optimize performance across categories against clear, and jointly shared, goals. You will be focused on building and implementing a global strategy that is inclusive of events, cross-category evergreen content, new content formats, and strategic business priorities.
Our goal is to delight Amazon customers worldwide with inspiring content and help them fulfill their shopping missions. We do this by driving awareness and discovery of Amazon’s products and services. We meet customers at their preferred communication channel(s) with the most relevant content, at the right time and frequency. You will own all traffic-driving initiatives that delight our customers with elevated creative and cross-category discovery. You will regularly partner with engineering and analytics teams to not only scale and automate, but to innovate on behalf of our customers. You will establish best practices for measuring and reporting on channel results. This role is highly autonomous and visible, and you have proven ability to influence stakeholders and partners to achieve goals, can work effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate strongly with leaders.
This job is also open to individuals working from Seattle and Miami, FL metropolitan areas.
Key job responsibilities
- Create the global marketing strategy for innovative automated programs including compelling and new content across email, push, sms, and new channels
- Partner with design, analytics, product, and engineering teams to develop new, global programs, automating where possible.
- Define experiments and optimize to drive meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Define and own goals, including unlocking new business strategies and channels.
- Communicate results regularly with internal stakeholders and teams to iterate on opportunities.
- Present strategy, learnings, and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Track, measure, and report on channel results, contributing to business reviews regularly.
- Drive thought leadership with regards to Outbound Marketing worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 9+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience guiding creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
- Outbound marketing experience at major CPG companies
- Experience working cross-functionally across marketing, product management, analytics, UX, and research
- Experience managing engagement focused programs across diverse Amazon owned channels, expertise in A/B testing and optimizations
- Experience with creating GTM initiatives at scale
- 5+ years experience with innovative email, sms, push marketing strongly preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $252,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.