At Amazon Payments Services we are building the most customer-centric payments company on earth. We serve thousands of merchants across GCC and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. Amazon Payment Services Aka Payfort is part of Amazon and regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
The Head, Risk prevention & Compliance Ops, will primarily be responsible to lead the activities of a field support prevention of risk & compliance operations team. The team is tasked with three different charters:
Compliance Operations - Operate as a strong first line of defense for APS and a key control function that is responsible to protect the organization from financial and reputational risk, conducting comprehensive risk management processes, such as KYC, KYB, Sanctions screening, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Anti Money Laundering (AML), Adverse Media, and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) screening in pre/post merchant on-boarding.
Fraud Prevention & Internal Assurance – Responsible for mitigating all types of frauds that can potentially occur by regularly managing the rules, investigating suspected fraudulent cases, monitoring charge-backs, learning from new MO’s and updating the rules sets regularly. Work with product and technology in enhancing the existing tools leveraging ML models to be industry best through continuous learning.
Business Continuity Management - The role will be to support the Senior Risk Managers in preparing and supporting Regional business units and sites during periods of heightened and direct risk. This will be achieved through a deep understanding of the various businesses, their locations, inherent and developing risks and working with the SRMs to implement immediate and long term responses and training for sites. This also includes scope of Enterprise risk management and Product risk functions too.
Key job responsibilities
· Establish and maintain relationships with key regional stakeholders to ensure team activities and initiatives are compliant with business, industry and legal standards.
· Drive the design of threat and risk management programs, controls and testing mechanisms in collaboration with internal teams to ensure industry best practice is met or exceeded.
· Lead the roll out and continuous improvement of strategic programs, audits and initiatives
· Identify, prioritizes and leads work streams, analytical requests and other tasks as necessary
· Establish SOPs, process controls, and ensure alignment with risk and regulatory requirements.
· Support incident management teams responding to high impact incidents
· Collect, collate, analyze, and disseminate accurate, timely and actionable reporting on loss, risk, threat and their future development.
· Assess known and emerging risks and threats within EMEA that impact Amazon business operations.
· Develop, maintain, and modify collection and analytical strategy and contacts to ensure reports are accurate, timely and relevant.
· Identify information and data gaps, create techniques and collation processes to close such gaps.
· Maintain quality of products through continuous measurement of impact, program and product effectiveness and suggest improvements.
· Researches and recommend innovative technology solutions to manage complex threat and risk situations.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Bilingual in both English and Arabic
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Data Analysis, International Relations, Global Security, Risk Management, Business Resilience, Political Science, Business Intelligence, Analytical disciplines etc.).
• 10+ years of experience in Risk & Compliance Management and 5+ years as a people manager.
• Solid customer focused attitude.
• Experience with the information gathering processes, risk management strategies and analytical methodology.
• Familiarity and mastery of various relevant informational technology platforms.
• Communicate clearly, accurately in both written and spoken media.
• Strong self-discipline and self-management skills, able to work effectively lead a team or as individual contributor
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, competing deadlines, with great attention to detail.
• Professional demeanor and ability to communicate with all levels of business leadership and staff inside and outside Amazon.
• Should have Payments industry background working closely with banks and regulators in GCC.
• Master’s degree in related field (Data Analytics, International Relations, Global Security, Risk Management, Threat Analysis, Political Science, Business Intelligence, etc.).
• Military/government/law enforcement/corporate risk and threat management experience in the EMEA region
• Personal network of threat, risk management or other industry/professional contacts to assist with event insight and impact analysis.
• Solid familiarity with the EMEA region.