AWS have an exciting Data Center Facility Engineer opportunity in Abu Dhabi available for a UAE national with family book. AWS are committed to contributing towards the UAE’s goal of employing 75,000 Emiratis in the private sector and Ministerial Resolution No.279.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is are looking for Data Center Technicians to join our rapidly expanding team. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair and may include participation in an on-call rotation.
All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space.
As a Data Center Technician you are a member of a team responsible for the operation of industry leading, geographically diverse, large scale, and critical facilities. Each team member is a highly motivated individual with demonstrated, analytical expertise in the areas of complex, mission critical facilities.
We are looking for Data Center Technicians to join our rapidly expanding team. This position involves in-depth hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair as well as participating in an on-call rotation.
All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, participate in site-level project work, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space.
Key job responsibilities
Key job responsibilities:
• You work as part of the Operations team, whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure.
• your role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, server rack installation, hardware break-fix on various components, troubleshooting network issues also responding to emergent situations that affect operational stability.
• You may be the primary contact point for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Technical Operations) and external service partners (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
• You will work and meet SLAs against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow, be the first line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues.
• You perform on-call duties and will participate in Data Center operations, handling scheduled maintenance and change management activities that require monitoring of the data center infrastructure.
• You participate in team meetings for metric analysis and to discuss achieving daily/weekly goals.
• You possess knowledge of the policies and procedures, including safety and security, within your department, and understand the appropriate application of such knowledge
• You contribute to documentation on technical issues through root cause analysis for operational issues that occur, and contribute to process improvement initiatives relevant to the data center environment.
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- UAE National with family book
- 1+ year of Computer Hardware experience.
- 1+ years of Computer Networking experience.
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed.
- 1+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience.
- 2+ years computer Hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills experience.
- 2+ years of Data Center experience.
- 1+ years of Perl, Python, Bash or other scripting languages experience.
- 2+ years experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field.