At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer an environment where employees can relentlessly innovate on behalf of customers. As a member of the IT Services organization, you will have the opportunity to engage in business-critical efforts to develop and implement business & tooling process, and support software implementation and onboarding, training and adoption at scale for a global organization.
We are seeking a leader with super-powers in program management and prioritization (and getting things done!). The candidate should be a self-starter that thrives in ambiguity, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to operate within a dynamic, fast-paced technology focused environment.
We are looking for candidates interested in learning, implementing and driving adoption of new technology. The ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated track record of successfully owning and managing complex programs, eliminating constraints impairing productivity, and driving efficiencies through process improvement. They should be capable of working with stakeholders at all levels of the business to unblock productivity.
The right candidate will possess strong customer focus, an analytical approach, and prior work experience supporting/scaling software implementation, support and adoption.
The candidate must be able to influence stakeholders, be a strong communicator, and have a history of delivering results. They must carry a growth mindset, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and interest in learning, deploying and supporting new technology are all essential to success within this role.
- Interface with stakeholders across business to understand complex challenges to adoption and usage of project portfolio management software and additional productivity solutions at Amazon.
- Research, identify and implement appropriate solutions towards enabling productivity.
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders to scope efforts, garner stakeholder alignment, develop milestones, design and implement solutions, and drive delivery of program objectives.
- Set priorities and influence roadmaps of internal and external partner teams, while working with software development, systems engineering, security, support operations and others to deliver results.
- Support development of strategic reporting, providing data analysis/insights to organizational leadership.
- Develop proposals, process diagrams, documentation, presentations and additional artifacts supporting effective communication and presentation of key initiatives.
- Measure, track and report upon programmatic efforts including project status, health and key performance indicators measuring success.
- Develop strategies for overcoming technical challenges to adoption of implemented processes, tools & software.
Key job responsibilities
You will excel in this position if you have prior experience and/or interest in:
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft SharePoint and/or Microsoft 365 within an enterprise business environment (while expanding application utility to meet business requirements through the use of forms, web parts and/or development).
- Implementing and/or supporting enterprise project portfolio management solutions (PPMs), such as Workfront, Asana, ServiceNow or comparable.
- Developing and communicating complex business ideas & technical process (MS Visio).
- Experience working with external development and/or service teams to solve technical issues and support product roadmap development.
At Amazon, it is always Day 1. We are looking for team members who are passionate about learning and applying new technology for our customers every day.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of program or project management experience
- 3+ years of defining and implementing process improvement initiatives using data and metrics experience
- Knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps) at an advanced level and SQL
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 3+ years of driving end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership experience
- 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
- Experience building processes, project management, and schedules
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $142,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.