Amazon Worldwide Capacity Planning team (WWCP) is seeking a customer-obsessed Senior forecasting analyst with a proven track record in data analysis and demand forecasting. You must be able to work with multiple stakeholders globally and setup the forecasting practice for the fastest growing vertical for customer service. In this highly visible role, you will: setup forecasting process, models, and work with business and internal teams to streamline the upstream and downstream processes. Influence stakeholders and work with senior leaders on business strategy. This role will partner extensively with the finance, capacity planning leads, and regional forecasters to drive improvements and streamline processes.
In this role, you will experience a wide range of problem-solving situations, ranging from short-term to strategic, to decisions requiring use of data collection and analysis.
Key job responsibilities
1. Meet forecasting goals measured at monthly, weekly and daily grain.
2. Enhancement of forecasting models basis the changing business scenario.
3. Setup and improve upstream and downstream forecasting processes.
4. Forecasting bridging and narrative writing.
5. Work closely with vertical and business finance teams on financial projections and bridges.
A day in the life
Review business performance. Action dive deep or mitigation (in case of risk).
- 3-4 hours multiple calls / meetings with the CP, Ops team, and other key stakeholders comprising mixture of tactical and strategical topics for the team and business.
- 1-2 hours will be spent on quality work that helps meet and better the KRAs. This time will be spent on processes, newer models, generating insights, and forward-looking projections for business.
- 0.5-1 hours a day will be on stakeholder management.
- 1-2 hours a day will be on project related work, self-improvement, narrative writing, and global projects.
About the team
Amazon Business Capacity planning team enables Amazon Business Customer Service team to achieve its productivity and financial goals. We plan for business capacity and partner with them to define business strategy, execution framework, and monitor the execution to ensure plans meets reality.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 6-8 years of capacity planning, demand forecasting, and stakeholder management experience.
- Working knowledge of various forecasting models and techniques.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Amazon standard narrative writing skills.
- Advance knowledge of MS excel, and proficient in word, and other MS office applications.
- Post graduate degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of SQL, Quick sight, Tableau
- Programming language knowledge
- Contact center capacity planning experience and in-depth knowledge of end-to-end planning cycle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $71,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $172,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.