Are you interested in being part of a team that is tasked with building and maintaining next generation software products that intersect cloud computing, machine learning, and IoT? Do you enjoy the challenge of building and managing innovative services? Do you want to make an impact at a global scale? Then you should join our team!
The mission of Global Security Operations (GSO) is to support Amazon’s Worldwide Operations, as well as affiliate and retail businesses, by creating and maintaining a work environment that is both prepared and secure through global security centers of excellence staffed by subject matter experts in people and asset protection. GSO Engineering accomplishes this by building innovative, highly scalable services & technologies that that eliminate subjectivity, complexity, and variation: identifying, preparing for, and mitigating risk; and auditing our practices to ensure compliance. As part of GSOTech, we build exciting software technology products that help with security and loss prevention for Amazon operations. We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Sr Product Manager - Technical to drive products.
The right candidate possesses a strong background in customer-experience and product management, combined with solid understanding of current cloud-based software and web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate should have a track record of timely delivery of projects, be willing to dig in and get the job done, providing input to speed up key decisions.
Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we’ll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
Key job responsibilities
* Develop and execute the product roadmap for the Security & Loss Prevention technology products using Amazon's working backwards process, including identifying customer pain points and new opportunities
* Define, prioritize, and communicate product requirements to cross-functional teams using Amazon's working backwards process
* Analyze emerging industry trends in Security & Loss prevention that can contribute to the long-term product strategy
* Work with engineering teams to design and deliver high-quality software products that meet customer needs and business objectives
* Collaborate with user experience teams, data engineering, and solution architects to create intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for complex workflows
* Analyze user feedback and data to continuously improve product performance and user experience
* Monitor the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and pushing for appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.
* Work closely with various teams to ensure scalability and maintainability of the products you will develop
About the team
Amazon’s ability to innovate on behalf of our customers relies on the perspectives and knowledge of people from all backgrounds.
We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work. We actively recruit people from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- 7+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience in using analytical tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview, QuickSight
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Master's degree
- Experience performing statistical analysis of data using SQL, Excel and other tools
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence application to technology products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.