Amazon is looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new, best in class product. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus.
The ideal candidate will participate in the product development process from new product introduction to market launch with an emphasis on development, characterization and verification of production test. They must possess a good understanding of new product introduction processes, vendor management, production line setup, and contract manufacturer management. They will work closely with R&D and external Contract Manufacturing partners for design transfer, production line set up and eventually, sustaining engineering.
Key job responsibilities
- Participate in overall product hardware development, which includes collaborating with other sub-system development teams to have a good understanding of the product and therefore, how to test the product effectively
- Play an active role in production test development which includes writing and updating test code, test sequences and test specifications; engaging external vendors on test fixture hardware design; characterizing and calibrating custom test targets
- Author and execute the production test software verification and validation protocol
- Develop (internal) and review (external) production qualification protocols, such as Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ) protocols
- Engage with external contract manufacturer (CM) to set up the production line and for sustaining activities such as supporting the CM’s engineers in failure analysis and rework for failed production units.
A day in the life
Our team highly values work-life balance, mentorship and career growth. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects and offer training that will challenge you to become your best.
About the team
Innovators wanted! Are you an entrepreneur? A builder? A dreamer? This role is part of an Amazon Special Projects team that takes the company’s Think Big leadership principle to the extreme. We focus on creating entirely new products and services with a goal of positively impacting the lives of our customers. No industries or subject areas are out of bounds. We launched products such as Comprehend Medical, Echo Frames and Amazon Explore. If you’re interested in innovating at scale to address big challenges in the world, this is the team for you.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We are constantly learning through programs that are local, regional, and global. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of product engineer, product development engineer, test engineer or test development engineer in a manufacturing environment experience
- Experience in manufacturing of electro-mechanical products
- Experience in test software design and development for automated functional and system testing
- Experience in collaborating with external vendors for test fixture design and development
- Experience in debugging/trouble-shooting of electronic boards
- Experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and LabView
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers for final assembly